Father’s Day
My dad’s name is Randy, he was born in Texas… he grew up in Texas… he likes to visit Texas… he talks like a Texan. My dad is a man who takes an opportunity when he sees it, even if it means giving up something that means a lot to him… like Texas. My dad was been working for the same company for over 30 years (… I’m pretty sure) and has been transferred all throughout the Midwest. I believe he has done this because it’s what’s been best for our family. My dad is our provider, our safe haven, our strength. He is ambitious and determined, and at the same time loving and caring.
Sometimes I think back to the times when I saw my dad as the ultimate “Superman”… our family used to take 2 week long vacations in and out of the mountains of the west (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming). We would go the whole nine yards and camp the entire time! I still don’t know how we managed to do this and come out in one piece… for there was plenty of kicking and screaming amongst us pre-teen kids. My dad was for sure the glue that held us together through these vacations… It was through these vacations that our family endured many trials and tribulations (5+ van breakdowns/ sleeping in the same tent for two weeks/ the top of a 50 ft tree falling on the top of our car while we were still in it). Our family was tested and came out from these trips stronger than ever… I’m so thankful that he didn’t pamper us with a trip to Disneyworld, or the ocean… I think he knew what exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.
Thanks dad, for continuing to be the Superman that I look up to.
Thanks dad, for continuing to be the Superman that I look up to.
Happy Fathers day
Your son, James
...fathers day is huge here in Peru... family family family
I went to a school celebration with one of my sisters and her family. Watched some traditional dances/games and tried to play on a soccer team for a mini-tourney.. they wouldnt let me, becuase Im not a father... I guess that makes sense...

4 comments:
James-
The post about Dad is beautiful and reminded me of so many wonderful times we had in the Ofczarzak Family! We really had some of the best vacations! It also reminds me of how blessed we are to have such a close family!
Love you lots!
Becky
James-
Your tribute to Dad brought tears to my eyes and smile to my heart. It was fun to hear about how Father's Day is like in Peru. I love you and wish you were here so we could listen to your beautiful music and laugh with you and your wonderful, witty, sense of humor.
Miss you.
God Bless
Mommy and Daddy
Hey James, I have not received your email yet of the letter/prayer for the family. Thursday night is our last night. Email it before then if you can. beckylynn81@hotmail.com.
Thanks! Loooooove ya,
Becky
JamesAndrew....you really know how to suck up to daddio, right? hey-hey!!! jk!!! This was a beautiful piece on your dad, your mentor and friend as well as one heckofa good ole boy!!! Barry and I esp. enjoyed the first lines of the post. Keepin' it real, man, keepin' it really real!
ps. my word verication to post this is 'kfuctker'. Now WHAT the heck is that all about? ha ha!!!
Post a Comment