this, by no means, will be the average blog post... Im sitting in an internet cafe in Chacalayo, Lima (staying at a retreat center with the other volunteers for 1 day and 2 nights) Its our after-orientation... orientation. We arrived here last night around 12 oclock. The flight was beautiful and surprisingly short. Already we have enjoyed two Peruvian meals (some eggs, chicken, potatoes, giant corn, and gigantic beans) We will soon eat dinner and then have a free night to scope out the retreat center village. Tomorrow we meet our host families that we will stay with for 3 months.
Word has been passed around that a fellow volunteer, Kelly, has been invited to a peruvian "folk dance" party, as well as the rest of the group! If this happens, be expecting a few hillarious photos...
some fun random happenings...
-last night I slept in the smallest room Ive ever been in - Ive been avoiding showers because of the lack of warm water- the airline unfortunatly lost a bag of a fellow volunteer- I stood next to a llama and got a picture with it - Glenn, a volunteer, was spit on by that very same lama - It was beautifully captured on video!!!- The trainers are amazing, personable, and hillarious! - Im exhaustd and I miss you all
I look forward to having more time to blog and get my photo book up and running...
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
yeah! peru and llamas! what could be better? sounds amazing. can't wait to hear more.
Hey Bro! So glad you have made it safely. And sounds like you are off to a good start, despite your first night luggage mishap! I miss you so much already. I'm so excited to continue reading your blogs!
Love and Prayers,
Becky
Hi Brother! We are thinking of you every day and hope you have settled into your new abode! I put your picture up in my office today it's my new favorite and I smile whenever I see you. Know that we are thinking of you and we can't wait to hear your stories! Anyone who knows you can appreciate your humor, llamas:)
Glad to hear you made it safe & sound!
Miss ya
Just missing you lots and lots and thinking about you daily! Love you Bro!
Post a Comment