Ever since I arrived here in Peru, the locals have been asking me left and right... ´has probado ceviche?´ (have you tried ceviche). For a while I was clueless as to what it was... I quickly found out that it´s a classic here in Peru. Ceviche is described as a citrus-marinated raw fish, always accompanied by sweet potatos, mote (gigantic corn) and a mountain of onions. When I say citrus marinated... I mean it... lemon-city.
I´ve never been a huge fan of fish, let alone raw fish. I got to try sushi for the first time a few months back with my good friends Liz, Tom and Ashley at Liz´s moms resturaunt... but I never thought I´d come to a point where I can say this with confidence... I Love raw fish, Ceviche is delicious.
My friend Jason and I had our first cooking experiance! we cooked Torilla de Quinua and chocolate cake... look...
friday is the big day... I´ll be finding out where the next two years of my life will be spent. I´ll be quick to spread the word...
Peace to you, James

1 comment:
Who's that adorable little lady dining with you? I bet she loves the ceviche as well! I always thought that was cold soup??? Oh, well, now that you are a raw fish lover, maybe your next trip will be to Japan. I know Kimmy would love to join you! Take care, Jamesmason!
Post a Comment