" Right here we must see the difference between choosing to serve and choosing to be a servant. When we choose to serve, we are still in charge. We decide whom we will serve and when we will serve. And if we are in charge, we will worry a great deal about anyone stepping on us, that is, taking charge over us.
But when we choose to be a servant, we will give up the right to be in charge. There is great freedom in this. If we voluntarily choose to be taken advantage of, then we cannot be manipulated. When we choose to be a servant, we surrender the right to decide who and when we will serve. We become available and vulnerable". - Richard Foster
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey James!
Its Matt this is the ECOEE blog. It will keep you posted on all of our adventures ect. I look forward to reading you blogs. All I gotta say is lots of pictures and youtube videos : )
Hi James!
I'm also leaving for Peru in June. A google group was started for Peru-11 if you would like to join:
http://groups.google.com/group/Peru-11
Hi James!
I cant wait to meet you, thanks for posting on my blog! we should figure out how to link our blogs together or something. Your picture suggests you play guitar. Im a pianist myself. Well, see you soon.
- Matt Rosen
haha, i forgot to actually answer your question in my excitement to meet someone in our group. i dont know if other people will bring a big pack, honestly mines not that big (they come much bigger) but it is the "backpacker" idea. id say get one, then we can do the 4 day trek to machu pichu without needing to ride the hirham bingham! and many many other things... i cant wait...
James- your blog page is fantastic. I didn't know you were such an amazing and meaningful writer. I should have guessed, considering the music you write is brilliant! I can't wait to hear about your experiences and journies in the land of Peru!! While I am so happy and excited for this opportunity God has given you, I know my heart will ache while you are away! Love you Brother!
Love,
Bookja
Becky
Post a Comment